Saturday 17 March 2012

My nail biting story #1

I have a dirty little secret...

Hi, my name is Maddie and I am a nail biter.

Yes it is true, no matter how many NOTD posts I read or nail polish hauls I see, I still haven't been able to break the habit of a lifetime.

Nail biting is something that I have been doing for as long as I can remember and you name it, I have tried it in my attempts to break this awful habit; Horrible tasting nail vanish, acrylic overlays and even 'rationing' myself to one nail at a time to name but a few.


However, after lustfully looking at beautiful nail polishes (Essie's Ballet Shoes!!!) and envying all those out there with terrific talons, I finally have the willpower to quit this hankering for hangnails.

As of tomorrow I will be going cold turkey on my little habit and enlisting the help of  a few products to get my nails into shape (blog post coming up!!!).

So hop on board and follow my progress on this nail biting ride!


Are you a recovering enamel nibbler? Have you struggled to keep your addiction at bay? I'd love to know what methods you have tried, and what, if any, successes you have had!

Please comment below and follow me on Twitter for updates - @MaddieChilds1

Thanks for reading

*nibbles nails at the thought of tomorrow*
 






6 comments:

  1. I have a shellac nail polish done at the salon, no chips and it stays on for 3 weeks which and I don't bite my nails when it is on. Might be worth a try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same until a few months ago. The method I used was that I grew a certain amount of nails at a time. So I'd grow three and bite seven first and then add a nail to the growing section every so often, so in the end I was only biting one. Takes a while I guess but it worked. Plus, when I saw how lovely the grown nails were, I wanted all of them to be the same so it really encouraged me!! Also, buy pretty nail polish and put the bottle where you can see it. Sooo frustrating when you can't use it but made me think twice about biting. :D Good luck hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks for the advice guys!!!! I think I am going to try the Shelac. going cold turkey is proving extremely difficult at the mo!! Thanks again for the comments. Both lovely to read after a hard days work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to bite my nails as a kid, my mum used to paint my nails with this stuff that made them taste horrible!! wish i could remember what it is called. Good luck!

    ♥ http://kirstabelle11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to bite my nails, but one day decided I wasn't going to do it anymore. I think its the only willpower I've ever had lol. However when stressed or anxious I find myself subcutaneously biting them, so I don't think you can ever be rid of it x

    OutsideBEautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  6. My housemate used to bite her nails really really badly! Like, down to the nail bed almost, it was awful! I hope your anti-nail biting regime works, then I can pass on the info to her!

    Love your blog - just followed you!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete