Tuesday 6 March 2012

February Faves!

I don't know about you but February seemed to fly by in a Valentine's Day/snowy/visiting friends in Birmingham/working on a major project at work haze. However, all that activity didn't stop me compiling a list as long as my arm of things I have been loving in this (very busy) month. To see what made the shortlist, keep on reading.









1.Palmolive Absolute Relax shower gel
It is very rare that I pick up a second bottle of any shower gel but I tell you - this is love! I tend to have my shower in the evening both because the mornings before work don't seem long enough to do anything and also I find the whole bathing ritual very relaxing. I bought this on the third week of the month when pennies were low but I still wanted something that would add a little luxury and relaxation to the whole bath experience. With its gorgeous scent (although maybe not one for those who like gentle smells) that lingers on the skin for hours, non-drying formula and at under £1 from Superdrug, what's not to love?

2. Toni and Guy shampoo, conditioner and intensive mask for damaged hair
I am always dubious about trying high street 'salon' brands but on the recommendation of Holly from The Yummy Mummy Beauty Blog I thought "why not?", and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. Both the shampoo and conditioner work brilliantly on their own, but add the intensive mask and my very naturally dry hair is transformed into soft manageable hair. The smell is also to die for. 

3.Chanel Aqua Vitalumier foundation
I am still very much on the fence about this foundation. I love the finish, I love how easy it is to work with and how light it feels but it appears my skin doesn't feel the same - this foundation breaks me out. However the the make-up addict in me (and the tight git who couldn't possibly bear to see over £30 just sit on the dresser) decided to persevere with it this month and after a few lovers' tiffs we agreed to treat each other fairly. As long as I remove all traces of this as soon as I step though the door after work we get along fine!


4. Jest eyeshadow by MAC
My latest MAC purchase made in the shopping mecca that is the Birmingham Bullring. I may have been living under a rock but this little gem doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the beauty blogging sphere or on Youtube and I cannot for one minute understand why! It's one of those effortless, easy-to-blend shadows. Slightly darker in tone than Naked Lunch but oh so much easier to use. Sorry Naked Lunch, you have been replaced! ( I never thought I would ever say that but its true.) 


5. Dainty blush by  MAC
This cult MAC product has been in my collection for a while now and February saw me using it non stop. You can't beat a bit of classic MAC to put a spring in your step, even if it is wading through snow in mid-February!

6. Telescopic mascara by L'Oreal
I am a girl with a serious love of mascara, it is my desert island product. I love my lashes thick, full of volume and long. This mascara definitely does not make my lashes thick, it is not even buildable BUT I really have enjoyed the whole fluttery lash thing during the day, and although this is definitely not a dramatic evening mascara, I am glad I have finally tried it. Yes, I will be heading back to my clumpy, thick voulmised lash when this tube runs out, but I have a feeling this will not be my only dalliance with the telescopic brand.


7.Kindle
I received this as a Christmas gift from my long-suffering boyfriend who listened to me moan endlessly about heavy books that are uncomfortable to read, never having time to purchase a new book etc etc. The Kindle has revolutionised reading for me, making it an easy and on-demand pleasure. I cannot recommend owning one more highly!

8.'M' bracelet from Urban Outfitters and Archie Grand "Shopaholics I met and Liked" notebook
Both belated birthday gifts from my very best friend and she couldn't have picked better! I love the bracelet, which still hasn't tarnished even though it hasn't left my wrist since I got it, while the notebook now houses all my notes and thoughts for this blog!

Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts on any of these products and don't forget to follow!

 xxx


1 comment: